Society of Women Engineers endorses Emily Yagoda for DSG president

endorsements

After careful deliberation, the Society of Women Engineers proudly announces its official endorsement of Emily Yagoda for DSG presidency for the 2024-2025 academic year. We firmly believe that her pillars of Connect, Empower, and Transform closely resonate with our organization’s pillars and vision for the Duke community. Emily has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to fostering opportunities and support for female-identifying engineers within both industry settings and our community.

We are excited about her initiatives to enhance communication between the DSG and other engineering clubs — including the Engineering Student Government (ESG) — to facilitate greater collaboration. Strengthening these connections will enable engineers to access increased funding, support and resources, ultimately enriching their academic and professional journeys.

With her proven track record of dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and robust engagement with industry, we are confident in Emily's ability to effectively advocate for the needs and aspirations of our community. Her leadership qualities and passion for creating positive change make her an exemplary candidate for the position.

Allison Goehringer, Pratt ’24

Society of Women Engineers President

Recused: Amanda Smith, Pratt ‘25

Absent: Hana Thibault, Pratt ‘25

Share and discuss “Society of Women Engineers endorses Emily Yagoda for DSG president” on social media.