Duke men's basketball sophomore guard Tyrese Proctor out against Florida State with a concussion

Tyrese Proctor will miss his fourth game of the season for the Blue Devils.

Sophomore point guard Tyrese Proctor did not travel with the Duke men’s basketball team to Tallahassee, Fla., for its Saturday game against Florida State due to a concussion. Proctor suffered a collision to his head in the team’s Monday game against Wake Forest, and played sparingly in the second half of that game.

Earlier this season, Proctor was forced to miss three games earlier this season with a sprained ankle — which he suffered Dec. 2 against Georgia Tech. Since coming back, Proctor has struggled to produce consistently, and head coach Jon Scheyer has often opted to leave him out of the lineup at key moments in the game.

Freshman guard Caleb Foster will likely take on added minutes in Proctor’s absence, as he did when Proctor sprained his ankle. Foster currently averages 7.7 points per game compared to Proctor’s 10 points per game.

The next opportunity for Proctor to rejoin the team is Wednesday’s contest on the road against Miami, though his status is still unconfirmed for that game. 

Dom Fenoglio | Sports Managing Editor

Dom Fenoglio is a Trinity sophomore and a sports managing editor of The Chronicle's 120th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball sophomore guard Tyrese Proctor out against Florida State with a concussion” on social media.