Ranjan Jindal unanimously elected Chronicle sports editor of Vol. 120

Ranjan Jindal was unanimously elected as the next Chronicle sports editor.

On Friday evening, The Chronicle’s sports department unanimously elected Trinity sophomore Ranjan Jindal to serve as sports editor of the paper’s 120th volume.  

His one-year term will begin on April 24, the last day of spring semester classes, when Jindal will relieve current sports editor Andrew Long of his position. 

“I am thrilled to begin Vol. 120 and honored to be the sports editor of such a fantastic paper with tremendous writers,” Jindal said. “This is an extremely important time for college athletics and I look forward to leading The Chronicle into another monumental year in Duke sports coverage.”

Jindal’s platform centers around rethinking and revamping engagement, including an increased focus on multimedia content. He has spent two years in The Chronicle’s sports department and is currently serving as an assistant Blue Zone editor, with fellow assistant Blue Zone editor Dom Fenoglio and Blue Zone editor Mackenzie Sheehy. The sophomore has been a beat writer for women’s basketball, men’s tennis, football and men’s basketball. He co-founded the Blue Devil Blitz podcast with fellow football beat Caleb Dudley, and also co-hosts the Cameron Chronicles podcast. 

“Ranjan is one of the most selfless and dedicated people I’ve had the pleasure of working with during my time with The Chronicle,” Long said. “I’m immensely proud of Ranjan as both an editor and a friend, and can’t wait to see what he accomplishes.”

Jindal hails from Greenville, S.C., and is pursuing a double major in economics and public policy with a minor in journalism and media. 

“Ranjan is the perfect choice to lead our department into the future,” said Vol. 118 sports editor Jonathan Levitan. “It has been a joy to watch him excel as an editor with the Blue Zone this year, and I have little doubt that The Chronicle will benefit from his calm, steady leadership. I can’t wait to see all that this group accomplishes with him leading the charge.”

Rachael Kaplan profile
Rachael Kaplan | Sports Managing Editor

Rachael Kaplan is a Trinity junior and sports managing editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Ranjan Jindal unanimously elected Chronicle sports editor of Vol. 120” on social media.