Duke football releases 2024 schedule

The Blue Devils celebrate their Birmingham Bowl victory against Troy in December 2023.

The first slate of head coach Manny’s Diaz tenure is locked in.

Duke’s 2024 schedule was released on a special ACC Network program Wednesday evening, the first under a new scheduling model caused by the additions of SMU, California and Stanford to the conference for the 2024 season. The Blue Devils are coming off a Birmingham Bowl victory in 2023, but fans in Wallace Wade Stadium will see a much different unit come opening night, led by Diaz opposed to former head coach Mike Elko. With a large amount of key contributors leaving the program this offseason, Diaz will work to build on the momentum the previous regime started. 

Duke will open its season Friday, Aug. 30 against in-state foe Elon, the first matchup for the two programs since 2014, a game which the Blue Devils won 52-13. From there, Diaz’s squad will travel to Evanston, Ill., to take on Northwestern for the fourth-straight season. Duke then faces UConn for a second-straight year, this time at home, before traveling to take on Middle Tennessee to close out the nonconference slate. 

During conference play, Duke will take on North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State, SMU, Miami, N.C. State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest, with the date with the Seminoles falling Friday, Oct. 18. The matchups against the Tar Heels, Wolfpack and Demon Deacons are all part of protected matchups under the new schedule model that will occur every season. In addition, the model requires teams to play every other team in the league at least once every four years, so Duke fans can expect matchups with the new West Coast schools within the next few seasons. 

Full 2024 Schedule (home games in bold):

Friday, Aug. 30 vs. Elon

Saturday, Sept. 7 at Northwestern

Saturday, Sept. 14 vs. UConn

Saturday, Sept. 21 at Middle Tennessee 

Saturday, Sept. 28 vs. North Carolina

Saturday, Oct. 5 at Georgia Tech

Friday, Oct. 18 vs. Florida State

Saturday, Oct. 26 vs. SMU

Saturday Nov. 2 at Miami

Saturday Nov. 9 at N.C. State

Saturday Nov. 23 vs. Virginia Tech

Saturday Nov. 30 at Wake Forest

Share and discuss “Duke football releases 2024 schedule” on social media.