Duke men's basketball announces 2023 ACC schedule

Head coach Jon Scheyer speaks to members of the press at a summer media availability.

Editor's note: The original version of this article mistakenly said that Duke played Louisville Jan. 20, when it actually plays Pittsburgh. The Chronicle regrets the error.

Now we know.

Preseason-No. 2 Duke's full in-conference gauntlet was revealed on ACC Network Tuesday night, putting to bed months of speculation about when and where the Blue Devils will look to compete for another conference title. The announcement completes a difficult 2023-24 calendar that already features nonconference battles with Arizona, Michigan State, Arkansas and Baylor.

Although Duke kicks off ACC play at Georgia Tech Dec. 2, the meat of the Blue Devils' schedule happens after their bout with the Bears at Madison Square Garden in New York. Syracuse comes to Cameron Indoor Stadium for Duke's first home game of the season Jan. 2.

Other highlights include a Feb. 3 clash with hometown rival North Carolina in Chapel Hill, a revenge match at Miami Feb. 21 following an away thumping in 2022-23 and a brutal three-game gauntlet to close the year against Virginia at home and N.C. State in Raleigh, before closing out the year at Cameron Indoor in a highly anticipated rematch with the Tar Heels March 9.

In 2022-23, the Blue Devils finished 27-9, made the second round of the NCAA tournament and won the ACC tournament title in head coach Jon Scheyer's first year at the helm.

Full 2023-24 schedule (ACC games in bold):

Nov. 1 vs. UNC Pembroke (exhibition)

Nov. 6 vs. Dartmouth

Nov. 10 vs. Arizona

Nov. 14 vs. Michigan State for the Champions Classic in Chicago

Nov. 17 vs. Bucknell

Nov. 21 vs. LaSalle

Nov. 24 vs/ Southern Indiana

Nov. 29 at Arkansas for ACC/SEC Challenge

Dec. 2 at Georgia Tech

Dec. 9 vs. Charlotte

Dec. 12 vs. Hofstra

Dec. 20 vs. Baylor at Madison Square Garden in New York

Dec. 30 vs. Queens

Jan. 2 vs. Syracuse

Jan. 6 at Notre Dame

Jan. 9 at Pittsburgh

Jan. 13 vs. Georgia Tech

Jan 20 vs. Pittsburgh

Jan. 23 at Louisville

Jan. 27 vs. Clemson

Jan. 29 at Virginia Tech

Feb. 3 at North Carolina

Feb. 7 vs. Notre Dame

Feb. 10 vs. Boston College

Feb. 12 vs. Wake Forest

Feb. 17 at Florida State

Feb. 21 at Miami

Feb. 24 at Wake Forest

Feb. 28 vs. Louisville

March 2 vs. Virginia

March 4 at N.C. State

March 9 vs. North Carolina

Andrew Long profile
Andrew Long | Sports Editor

Andrew Long is a Trinity junior and sports editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball announces 2023 ACC schedule” on social media.