Ken Jeong announced as celebrity guest picker for College GameDay

Ken Jeong (Trinity '90) will be the guest picker on College GameDay Saturday.

It’s official: Ken Jeong, Trinity ‘90, will be the celebrity guest picker Saturday on ESPN’s College GameDay. Jeong will submit his pick for the contest between the 17th-ranked Blue Devils and 11th-ranked Fighting Irish live on air while surrounded by a crowd of Duke fans on Abele Quad.

The actor is one of the most outspoken Duke fans in the public sphere, and he has been on campus as recently as Duke Arts Opening Week 2023

Jeong got his start as a physician after graduating from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, but he gained public notoriety as a comedian. After appearing in guest roles on “The Office,” “Entourage” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” he got his breakout film role in “Knocked Up.” The Detroit native is perhaps best known for his roles in the show “Community” and each of the three “Hangover” movies. He also serves as a celebrity panelist on “The Masked Singer.”

An avid Blue Devil fan and a dedicated alumnus, Jeong is a frequent attendee of Duke men's basketball games and even gave the 2020 commencement address

College GameDay will start at 9 a.m., with the game picks coming near the end of the show at noon. Kickoff will be under the lights at Wallace Wade Stadium at 7:30 p.m.

Dom Fenoglio | Assistant Blue Zone editor

Dom Fenoglio is a Trinity sophomore and an assistant Blue Zone editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Ken Jeong announced as celebrity guest picker for College GameDay” on social media.