Best Week 5 College GameDay signs

The Blue Devil faithful woke up early and packed the College GameDay set.

As ESPN’s College GameDay made its first appearance in Durham, the Blue Devil faithful made sure to take advantage of the experience. Students lined up in the early morning hours to represent No. 11 Duke football on the national stage.  

GameDay fanatics got the gift of additional material from No. 17 Notre Dame’s fateful last possession against Ohio State. The team remarkably only had 10 players on the field for the final two snaps of the game — culminating in Buckeyes running back Chip Trayanum punching in the game-winning touchdown. 

Duke fans did not let this opportunity slip away. 

230930 College Gameday Morgan Chu 6

230930 College Gameday Morgan Chu 5

230930 College Gameday Morgan Chu 10

Even children got in on the action. 

After knocking off then-No. 9 Clemson to open the season, Duke has the opportunity to beat two ranked opponents at home. 

20230930 College GameDay Tiffany Chen 25

How could GameDay be complete without some Taylor Swift signs? After her sighting at the Kansas City Chiefs game supporting tight end Travis Kelce, two worlds collided. 

20230930 College GameDay Tiffany Chen 21

20230930 College GameDay Tiffany Chen 17

Celebrity guest picker Ken Jeong, beloved by the Blue Devil community, was the source of many signs as well. 

Duke is certainly familiar with Notre Dame quarterback Sam Hartman, who transferred from Wake Forest a season ago and has played the Blue Devils twice, most recently losing 34-31. Hartman is in his sixth season of college football, and Duke fans poked fun at the Fighting Irish's signal caller. 

20230930 College GameDay Lucas Sasaya 8

Duke and Notre Dame kickoff at 7:30 p.m. as the Blue Devils hope to keep their undefeated season alive. 

Ranjan Jindal profile
Ranjan Jindal | Sports Editor

Ranjan Jindal is a Trinity sophomore and sports editor of The Chronicle's 120th volume.

Share and discuss “Best Week 5 College GameDay signs ” on social media.