Duke men's basketball adds walk-on Stanley Borden

Walk-on Stanley Borden played his high school basketball at the Istanbul International Community School.

Duke has one more new name on its 2021-22 roster. 

Freshman Stanley Borden joined the team as a walk-on in September and will bring his 7-foot frame to Cameron Indoor Stadium all year. Borden played his high school ball at the Istanbul International Community School and spent time playing with the Portuguese U20 National Team and the Besiktas J.K. U18 team (Turkish professional basketball club). During his freshman year, his high school team went on its first Central-Eastern European Schools Association championship run and ended with the hardware.

Borden averaged 7.6 points and 6.2 rebounds playing on the Portuguese national team, and the big man has proven to have the ability to score from not just underneath the rim but also the top of the key, along with being able to facilitate. He’ll likely spend most of his time going toe-to-toe with centers Mark Williams and Theo John during practice.

Duke’s first public team event of the year is Oct. 15 for Countdown to Craziness.

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball adds walk-on Stanley Borden” on social media.