Duke men's basketball's upcoming matchup with Elon postponed

Duke's schedule continues to go through the challenges of this unique 2020-21 season.

Even as Duke prepares for its highly-touted Champions Classic bout with Michigan State, the rest of its schedule continues to struggle with the challenges of this unique 2020-21 campaign.

The Blue Devils' upcoming matchup against Elon has been postponed, per the Phoenix's men's basketball Twitter account. The tweet stated that Elon has paused all team activities due to a positive COVID-19 test "within its Tier 1 personnel group, which includes student-athletes, coaches, and support staff."

The team added that "following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control, the NCAA and Alamance County Department of Health," members of the team began a period of isolation and quarantine that will last "at least 14 days," subsequently postponing the Phoenix's upcoming games against Mercer, Duke, Howard and North Carolina.

Elon's matchup with Duke was slated to be the final game of the Mako Medical Duke Classic. The Blue Devils are still slated to take on Bellarmine Friday in the first matchup of the multi-team event.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball's upcoming matchup with Elon postponed” on social media.