Prop bets for Duke football vs. N.C. State

Senior running back Deon Jackson will need to get going early in order for the Blue Devils to challenge N.C. State on its home turf.

Every week the Blue Zone gives you our can't lose prop bets for the upcoming football game:

Duke +4.5 vs N.C. State

Put simply, Duke is a sure bet to cover the spread. Coming off of its only win of the year, Duke will be fired up and finally in a position to play good football. While the Wolfpack has had some defensive success this year, they’ve had their fair share of struggles stopping the run, which coincidentally is all the Blue Devils can do on offense. If you’re a Duke fan, I wouldn’t get your hopes too high, however. It is entirely within the realm of possibility that Duke can keep the score close but be unable to pull out a win. That being said, I would put my faith in the Blue Devils here.

Pick: Duke +4.5

Over/Under 59 points

The oddsmakers have put us all in a tough position here. Both of Duke’s last two games have hit this over and both of N.C. State’s last two games have exactly matched it. However, given that Duke has been scoring more the last three week and N.C. State is averaging 34.3 points per game, the over is looking slightly more promising than the under. At the end of the day, N.C. State’s defense will determine whether this over hits. If the Wolfpack have watched the film and adapted to Duke’s run game, then chances are slim that we’ll get a high scoring game. However, if Chase Brice and the rest of Duke’s offense can deliver like they did last week, the Blue Devils are more than likely to reach at least 30 points, which would put over bettors in a good position for a payday.

Pick: Over

Race to 10

In four of its five games this season, Duke has been the first team to score. Obviously that didn’t help much in the beginning of the season because it would usually proceed to hit the brakes and throw away the lead. However, now that the Blue Devils have some real confidence and momentum under their belt, it’s a strong likelihood that they’ll continue the trend of starting strong. Of course, it can’t be a fluke that gets Duke to 10 points first. It will take at least two possessions to get to 10 points, which means that the Blue Devils need to be locked in and ready to play past that first touchdown that has cursed them so many times this season. Beyond that, Duke defense needs to put a quick stop to N.C. State early on so as to provide an opportunity to build a large lead.

Pick: Duke +110

Share and discuss “Prop bets for Duke football vs. N.C. State” on social media.