X-Factor: Duke men's basketball's Jack White must step up against Jordan Nwora

<p>Without Wendell Moore, White will have a tough task guarding Jordan Nwora.</p>

Without Wendell Moore, White will have a tough task guarding Jordan Nwora.

Ahead of Duke's top-15 bout with Louisville, the Blue Zone gives you a player to watch from each team Saturday:

Duke: Forward Jack White

The Blue Devils desperately need their senior captain to step up against the Cardinals. Jordan Nwora has been exactly as advertised this season, leading the ACC in points per game. Duke is already dealing with the loss of forward Wendell Moore Jr., whose defense was noticeably missed during the loss to Clemson, and will rely heavily on White to minimize the potency of Nwora’s jumper. Typically, Moore provided some reprieve when fellow freshman Cassius Stanley got into foul trouble, but now White will have to fill a bigger role to keep Duke afloat.

In addition to what White can bring to the defensive table, he has recently appeared to have regained some of his shooting stroke that went missing around this time a year ago. In the past four games, he is 6 for 9 from the land of plenty and will be turned to for some perimeter shooting if Joey Baker is sidelined once again with a sprained ankle. Although his offense will likely not make or break the outcome of the game, White knocking down a couple big shots will give the Blue Devils some much needed cushion.

Louisville: Center Steven Enoch

The Cardinals are going to need someone to stop Vernon Carey Jr., the Blue Devils' leading scorer. Duke's offense is more limited than it has been all season with the absence of Baker and Moore, so floor general Tre Jones will be looking to feed Carey all night. Enoch will be called upon to make sure the freshman has a long night in order to expose the Blue Devils' losses.

Louisville has a clear void when it comes to who its second best scorer is. The Cardinals will need more than Nwora to pull off the upset in Cameron Indoor Stadium, and Enoch could likely provide that spark. With White chasing Nwora around and Javin DeLaurier lacking enough offensive skills, Enoch will draw a fair share of favorable matchups against Carey in the paint and will look to make a big impact.

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “X-Factor: Duke men's basketball's Jack White must step up against Jordan Nwora” on social media.