No longer is there the need to analyze cryptic Instagram posts. 

On the eve of the final night of college basketball's 2018-19 season, Duke made it official that Tre Jones will be back for a sophomore season. Having Jones at the point next year changes things dramatically for the Blue Devils and solidifies one of their starters. 

As for the rest of the team? There's a lot still to be figured out with the 2019-20 Duke roster. So, let's close the book on one season and start to peek ahead to the next. 

Who's on the roster?

While Jones is officially back, we still do not know definitively what the status of the other three Blue Devil freshmen that played significantly roles this season is. That said, it's only a matter of days until Zion Williamson, R.J. Barrett and Cam Reddish confirm their plans to declare for the NBA Draft and go pro. 

Although most thought there was a pretty good chance that Jones would depart Durham as well, it was always clear that he was the least pro-ready of the foursome. Another year will allow the Apple Valley, Minn., native to focus on the development of his offensive game. 

Here's what the 2019-20 Duke roster looks like as of now: 

Returning scholarship players (8): Marques Bolden, Javin DeLaurier, Jack White, Alex O'Connell, Jordan Goldwire, Tre Jones, Joey Baker, Justin Robinson

Incoming scholarship players (3): Vernon Carey Jr., Wendell Moore, Boogie Ellis

Returning walk-on (1): Mike Buckmire

The Blue Devils are also still in the hunt for several recruits. No. 10 Matthew Hurt is Duke's top target. The 6-foot-8 wing is set to make his decision on April 19 between the Blue Devils, North Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas.  

But some were speculating that Rochester, Minn., native has already made his choice after commenting on the Saturday night Instagram post from Jones, a fellow Minnesotan. 

There's also No. 22 recruit Trendon Watford as well as 78th-ranked Anthony Harris, who re-opened his recruitment after Buzz Williams left Virginia Tech for Texas A&M. And that doesn't include the Class of 2020's No. 5 prospect R.J. Hampton, who could reclassify—but if that happens, it seems unlikely that he'd join Duke with Jones already firmly set as the floor general. 

So, for simplicity's sake, let's assume that Hurt commits to the Blue Devils to complete their 2019 class. That would give Duke 12 scholarship players, with four of their nine returners averaging double-digit minutes this past season. 

Given that Coach K doesn't typically extend his usual rotation beyond eight or nine guys, at least a couple are bound to get left out. 

Breaking down the roles

Like we said earlier, Jones is the only player who is guaranteed to start next season and will be the point guard every game so long as he's healthy. But how does the rest of the roster shape up? 

Guards (4): Jones, O'Connell, Goldwire, Ellis

Wings (4): Hurt, Moore, White, Baker

Bigs (3): Carey, DeLaurier, Bolden

As long as Mike Krzyzewski is manning the Duke bench, though, it's hard to assume that positions matter—beyond point guard, that is. A starting lineup with Jones, Hurt, DeLaurier and Carey taking up four of the five spots seems the most reasonable. The fifth starter probably comes from the trio of O'Connell, Ellis and Moore, although White could get back into the mix at some point. 

The key issue with the top four is the same as the 2018-19 Blue Devils: outside shooting. If Jones can figure out how to make the jump from 26.2 percent beyond the arc to somewhere around 35 percent, that would be a game-changer—DeLaurier and Moore aren't known as the most dangerous 3-point weapons, which could be all the more reason for Duke to insert either O'Connell or Ellis into the starting five. 

And that's why White shouldn't be counted out. Before his ugly 0-for-28 slump, the soon-to-be senior was among the Blue Devils' best outside options. 

In the frontcourt, don't expect Carey to be Zion Williamson by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not just a back-to-the-basket big man. That's why Duke will probably play two big men most of the time—DeLaurier and Bolden both averaged more than 16 minutes a night last year, with one typically playing alongside Williamson. 

Odd men out

The only name we have not specifically mentioned is Baker. After Coach K pulled his redshirt late in ACC play, Baker saw just 18 minutes of action and made one field goal on four tries. The Fayetteville, N.C., native was originally slated to be a Class of 2019 prospect before reclassifying, but what he'll bring to the Blue Devils next year is by far the biggest wild card. 

Baker was known as a shooter, and if he's able to fill that role, it could most certainly earn him some critical minutes. Plus, if he shows himself to be a solid defender, that could push him past a guy like O'Connell, who's been suspect on that end of the floor. 

Goldwire is likely to remain stuck behind Jones, but he'll get his limited time. Goldwire was arguably Duke's third-best defender this past season behind Jones and Williamson, and the Norcross, Ga., native came up huge in the Blue Devils' dramatic victory at Louisville. 

If White can't rediscover his form, he'll very likely be stuck on the pine. Baker seems equally likely to get left out of the mix. But both could also play their way into the rotation, thus bumping two others out. 

All this means that the next seven months leading up to the Nov. 5 Champions Classic, when Duke opens its 2019-20 campaign against Kansas at Madison Square Garden, will go a long way toward figuring out the makeup of the next group of Blue Devils.