Marques Bolden to return for Duke men's basketball, Jack White likely out for NCAA tournament opener

<p>Junior Marques Bolden will be back in the mix after suffering a sprained knee against North Carolina less than two weeks ago.</p>

Junior Marques Bolden will be back in the mix after suffering a sprained knee against North Carolina less than two weeks ago.

One junior in, another out.

On the eve of its 2019 NCAA tournament opener, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski announced during his Thursday afternoon press conference that center Marques Bolden will return after suffering a sprained knee during the Blue Devils' game at North Carolina two weeks ago, but will not start.

Also, it's unlikely that classmate Jack White will play at all in Duke's opening-round matchup against North Dakota State—he suffered a hamstring injury during the ACC championship and did not play the final 9:48 of the Blue Devils' win against Florida State.

Expect that the Blue Devil lineup will remain the same when they take on the Bison Friday night, with the Blue Devils' top four freshmen starting alongside junior Javin DeLaurier in Columbia, S.C.

Mitchell Gladstone | Sports Managing Editor

Twitter: @mpgladstone13

A junior from just outside Philadelphia, Mitchell is probably reminding you how the Eagles won the Super Bowl this year and that the Phillies are definitely on the rebound. Outside of The Chronicle, he majors in Economics, minors in Statistics and is working toward the PJMS certificate, in addition to playing trombone in the Duke University Marching Band. And if you're getting him a sandwich with beef and cheese outside the state of Pennsylvania, you best not call it a "Philly cheesesteak." 

Share and discuss “Marques Bolden to return for Duke men's basketball, Jack White likely out for NCAA tournament opener” on social media.