Live blog: Snow stalls campus as students prepare for finals

Live coverage of the winter storm's effects on campus will be posted here by Chronicle staff. 

See something you think we should include or have questions you want answered? Email Editor Bre Bradham at breanna.bradham@duke.edu.

Severe weather policy to end Tuesday morning (2:30 p.m. Monday)

Duke will no longer be under severe weather policy after the condition expires Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m., according to a Duke Alert issued Monday afternoon. 

"Roads, sidewalks and parking lots are in good shape on campus. Conditions are expected to improve with rising temperatures during the afternoon, but there may be refreezing overnight. Crews will continue clearing campus roads and sidewalks today and will begin at 6 a.m. Tuesday salting parking lots and building entrances," the alert stated. "Warming temperatures are expected help with melting by mid-morning Tuesday."

Exams are slated to start for undergraduates Wednesday morning. Some Duke Dining locations have limited hours; updates about their statuses can be found here

Duke extends severe weather policy to Tuesday morning (2:30 p.m. Sunday)

A Duke Alert announced that the University is extending the severe weather policy to 7 a.m. Tuesday morning. This adds 24 hours to the policy, which was originally slated to end at 7 a.m. Monday.

Undergraduates are currently in the midst of reading period, with exams set to start Wednesday morning. 

Chapel services cancelled, dining options and buses limited (9:30 a.m. Sunday)

The C1, which runs along Campus Drive from East to West Campus, is currently the only bus in operation and is running with limited service, according to Duke Alert. Updates about the status of campus transit options can be found on the TransLoc app. 

All Sunday services at the Chapel are canceled as snow continues to come down, according to a tweet from the Chapel. 

Dining also has some schedule changes due to the storm. Marketplace is operating on tweaked hours for the day, according to the Duke Alert. Information for all venues can be found here

The Nasher Museum of Art is closed amidst the snow, it announced on Twitter. 

Severe weather policy goes into effect (7 a.m. Sunday)

The University went under severe weather policy beginning at 7 a.m. Sunday and will remain under the policy until Monday at 7 a.m., according to Duke Alert. A decision will be made Sunday afternoon whether or not to extend the severe weather policy, the alert said. 

Several inches of snow came down on campus during the night, and it was still falling as of 10:00 a.m. Sunday. 

Share and discuss “Live blog: Snow stalls campus as students prepare for finals” on social media.