ACC Watch: Wake Forest narrowly avoids upset, Florida State bounces back

Every night of the college basketball season, the Blue Zone will bring you updates on all of the important ACC matchups. 

Monday night saw only two ACC teams in action—Florida State and Wake Forest. 

No. 24 Florida State 69, Charleston Southern 58

After enduring their first loss of the season against Oklahoma State Saturday in which it turned the ball over 22 times, the Seminoles pulled away in the second half to down the Buccaneers. Florida State cut its turnovers in half from Saturday and got 19 points from Phil Cofer and 18 from Terance Mann to move to 10-1. 

Wake Forest 84, Coastal Carolina 80

The Demon Deacons had to battle to down the feisty Chanticleers, which shot 10-of-20 from deep for the day and took a 38-33 halftime lead. Wake Forest was down with just over two minutes to play, but went on a furious 10-1 run that ended in the final minute to push past Coastal Carolina. Bryant Crawford led the way for the Demon Deacons with 22 points, while three others finished in double figures. 

Check in Tuesday to see if Notre Dame can bounce back from its second loss in its last three games. 

Ben Leonard profile
Ben Leonard

Managing Editor 2018-19, 2019-2020 Features & Investigations Editor 

A member of the class of 2020 hailing from San Mateo, Calif., Ben is The Chronicle's Towerview Editor and Investigations Editor. Outside of the Chronicle, he is a public policy major working towards a journalism certificate, has interned at the Tampa Bay Times and NBC News and frequents Pitchforks. 

Share and discuss “ACC Watch: Wake Forest narrowly avoids upset, Florida State bounces back ” on social media.