Justise Winslow and Duke men's basketball team up to provide Harvey relief

Former Duke standout and Houston native Justise Winslow is doing his part to help victims of Hurricane Harvey.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, Duke is holding a knockout tournament to raise funds to provide relief for Houston.

Former Duke star and Houston native Justise Winslow and his mother Robin Davis’ organization, Robin’s House Family foundation, will co-host the event, dubbed "Knockout Harvey," which will be at Cameron Indoor Stadium Saturday morning from 9:45 to 11:30. Fans will be able to play knockout with Winslow and current men's basketball players on the floor for a $10 donation. 

Participants will receive photos on the court before the conclusion of the event, which ends before the Blue Devil football team takes on Northwestern at noon at nearby Wallace Wade Stadium. 

The foundation has accumulated almost $90,000 in its efforts to aid recovery efforts in the storm-ravaged city. 

Winslow, a former standout Duke forward, now plays for the Miami Heat after earning All-ACC Freshman honors in his lone season in Durham that culminated in the 2015 national championship. 

Ben Leonard profile
Ben Leonard

Managing Editor 2018-19, 2019-2020 Features & Investigations Editor 

A member of the class of 2020 hailing from San Mateo, Calif., Ben is The Chronicle's Towerview Editor and Investigations Editor. Outside of the Chronicle, he is a public policy major working towards a journalism certificate, has interned at the Tampa Bay Times and NBC News and frequents Pitchforks. 

Share and discuss “Justise Winslow and Duke men's basketball team up to provide Harvey relief” on social media.