Jabari Parker defends President Obama from Twitter criticism from former Congressman Joe Walsh in wake of Dallas shooting

<p>Former Duke star Jabari Parker took to Twitter to defend President Barack Obama from public criticism after several police officers were killed during a sniper attack in Dallas Thursday night.&nbsp;</p>

Former Duke star Jabari Parker took to Twitter to defend President Barack Obama from public criticism after several police officers were killed during a sniper attack in Dallas Thursday night. 

After police shootings this week of two black men—Philando Castille of St. Paul, Minn., and Alton Sterling of Baton Rouge, La.—ignited protests and five Dallas officers were killed Thursday night in a sniper attack, former Duke basketball star Jabari Parker defended President Barack Obama on social media.

Former Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh blamed Obama and the Black Lives Matter movement for the deaths in Dallas, tweeting, "Watch out Obama. Watch out black lives matter punks." He then deleted the tweet, and clarified Friday that, "I wasn't calling for violence, against Obama or anyone. Obama's words and BLM's deeds have gotten cops killed."

A forward with the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA, Parker replied to Walsh's tweet with two of his own.

Parker was a first-team All-American during his only season at Duke in 2013-14 before being selected by the Bucks with the No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft.

Share and discuss “Jabari Parker defends President Obama from Twitter criticism from former Congressman Joe Walsh in wake of Dallas shooting” on social media.