Report: Duke football quarterback Thomas Sirk plans to be ready for fall camp

<p>Quarterback Thomas Sirk has reportedly recovered well since suffering a torn Achilles tendon in February.&nbsp;</p>

Quarterback Thomas Sirk has reportedly recovered well since suffering a torn Achilles tendon in February. 

Quarterback Thomas Sirk has progressed well in recovering from a torn right Achilles tendon and plans to be ready for the start of fall camp Aug. 8, the Durham Herald-Sun's Steve Wiseman reported Saturday.

Sirk suffered the injury during a February conditioning drill. He is reportedly weeks ahead of where he was when he tore his left Achilles tendon in 2013 and going through self-practice sessions run by the team's veterans with no coaches present due to NCAA rules.

“I’m doing a lot of drills,” Sirk told Wiseman. “I’m dropping back and throwing, things like that. In self-practices, I’ve been getting to throw to the receivers, so I haven’t really lost any of my timing. I’ve been throwing every day.”

Wiseman also reported that Sirk attended the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana last week with other high school and college quarterbacks.

Head coach David Cutcliffe told Wiseman that it was still too early to tell whether or not Sirk will be ready for fall camp, but reportedly "fully anticipates" Sirk being ready for the team's season opener against N.C. Central Sept. 3.

Share and discuss “Report: Duke football quarterback Thomas Sirk plans to be ready for fall camp” on social media.