Recruiting Roundup: Tatum shines at Nike Hoop Summit; Bolden decision nears

We'll start this week's roundup with a look at a trio of future Blue Devils who spent the weekend together at the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit. 

High school seniors Frank Jackson, Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles were all in Portland, Ore., this week as members of Team USA in the annual game featuring the world's top young talent. In a battle against the World Select team, Tatum helped lead his team to victory with 14 points and a perfect 6-of-6 mark from the charity stripe. Saturday's game marked the third consecutive year that three Blue Devils have played for Team USA in the game. 

During the weekend, the trio had a chance to catch up with former Blue Devil Gerald Henderson—now a member of the Portland Trail Blazers. 

Although Giles didn't take the court as he continues to recover from his torn ACL, the five-star recruit made his presence felt in a different way. Along with providing support for his Team USA teammates, Giles took the time to pitch fellow five-star recruit Marques Bolden on joining the Blue Devils. 

Bolden remains one of the top uncommitted recruits in the country and Duke's prime target as signing day approaches. When sophomore guard Grayson Allen announced he was returning to Duke for his junior year Wednesday, it briefly seemed as though the Blue Devils would not have any more scholarships available, but freshman point guard Derryck Thornton's transfer opens up a spot on the roster for Bolden. The 6-foot-11 center is regarded as one of the best back-to-the-basket scorers in his class and has also flashed the ability to develop a midrange jumper.

The five-star recruit is widely expected to announce his decision prior to his birthday on April 17 and had a visit with Duke associate head coach Jeff Capel Sunday. Bolden is believed to be choosing between the Blue Devils and Kentucky in a battle that could ultimately decide which program finishes with the top recruiting class in the nation. 

Be sure to stay with the Blue Zone for all your recruiting news ahead of Bolden's commitment

Share and discuss “Recruiting Roundup: Tatum shines at Nike Hoop Summit; Bolden decision nears” on social media.