Former Blue Devil Jahlil Okafor suspended two games by 76ers

After leaving Duke as a national champion, Jahlil Okafor's start in the NBA has not gone as smoothly. 

The former Blue Devil was suspended two games by the Philadelphia 76ers after videos of his actions near a Boston nightclub surfaced on TMZ.com last week. Okafor was involved in a physical altercation with a heckler who made comments regarding the 76ers—who lost 18 straight games to begin the regular season before finally breaking into the win column Tuesday.

In the initial videos that surfaced on TMZ.com a week ago, Okafor was seen shoving a man after a fight appeared to break out. Although no individuals initially filed charges against the Chicago native, a police report was filed by one man involved in the incident Friday stating that he was punched and knocked to the ground and needed stitches to close a cut above his eye. 

second video that made waves Wednesday appears to show two different scuffles that Okafor is involved in. In the video, Okafor can be seen shouting while a man is bleeding from his face on the sidewalk. Reports also surfaced a week ago that the former Duke star had a gun pointed at him in a similar incident in October. 

Thus far this season, Okafor is averaging 17.2 points and 8.1 rebounds per game, and he still has a supporter in Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Asked about Okafor's situation following his team's rout of Indiana Wednesday night, Krzyzewski defended Okafor's character and urged people not to judge him solely based on these incidents.

"Jah’s one of the great kids ever—ever, ever, ever. He needs to move on. They also need to have security," Krzyzewski said. "Anybody who pictures that kid as some bad kid, you’ve got to be kidding me. He’s one of the most loving kids that has ever happened on this earth, but he did a couple stupid things. So knock him, suspend him—let’s move on. But don’t characterize him as that. He's not that."

Brian Pollack contributed reporting.

Share and discuss “Former Blue Devil Jahlil Okafor suspended two games by 76ers” on social media.