David Cutcliffe talks Duke football during ACC football "car wash" at ESPN

With a trio of bowl appearances highlighting one of the most successful three-year spans in Duke football history, head coach David Cutcliffe knows his Blue Devils are starting to gain attention on the national stage.

Cutcliffe had another chance to showcase his program's steady improvement Tuesday when he joined the other ACC head coaches in the conference's ESPN "car wash"—a slew of appearances on various ESPN platforms.

The 2013 Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year made an appearance live from Bristol, Conn., during the 10 a.m. edition of SportsCenter. During the segment, Cutcliffe talked about the next step for the Duke program and the importance of continuing to improve rather than sustaining the Blue Devils' most recent run of success.

As he prepares for his eighth season as the head coach in Durham, Cutcliffe offered promise that there might not be much of a drop-off in Duke's play this season despite graduating the program's second-winningest senior class since 1944 following last season's Sun Bowl loss to Arizona State.

Twitter Tweet

Cutcliffe also participated in a pair of radio shows hosted by Paul Finebaum and Freddie Coleman before sitting down with a handful of ESPN reporters, including Mark Schlabach, Adam Rittenberg and Brett McMurphy.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Before leaving the ESPN headquarters for the day, Cutcliffe met with one of his close friends, Bill Polian. The former Indianapolis Colts general manager is the chairman of the USA Football Advisory Committee, on which Cutcliffe also serves.

Twitter Tweet

Cutcliffe and his squad will begin their quest for a third consecutive nine-win season Sept. 3 at Tulane.

Share and discuss “David Cutcliffe talks Duke football during ACC football "car wash" at ESPN ” on social media.