Twitter abuzz as former Blue Devils make jump to next level

With three former Blue Devils selected in the first round of the 2015 NBA Draft—including two in the top 10—celebrities and current and former NBA players took to Twitter to give their immediate reactions.

As was expected, the first Duke standout off the board was center Jahlil Okafor. But, the Chicago native may not have gone as early as people imagined, slipping one spot to the 76ers at No. 3 after the Timberwolves and Lakers passed on him with the top two picks.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Arguably the biggest surprise of the night was forward Justise Winslow falling all the way to No. 10 where he was selected by the Miami Heat. The Houston native's late slide could make him one of the steals of the draft—much to the delight of Heat fans.

Youtube Player

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Tyus Jones—the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four—was the final Blue Devil to come off the board when he was originally selected 24th by the Eastern Conference Champion Cleveland Cavaliers. But just moments after his selection, the point guard received news that he would be traded to his hometown team the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Twitter Tweet

With the trio of national championship-winning freshman headed to the NBA, Duke assistant coaches and teammates also took to social media to congratulate the players on their accomplishment.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Share and discuss “Twitter abuzz as former Blue Devils make jump to next level” on social media.