Quinn Cook works out for four more teams as NBA draft nears

Last summer, point guard Quinn Cook opted to stay in Durham instead of returning home in order to improve his game and conditioning as he prepared to lead a young Duke squad.

Flash forward one year and the Washington native is still tirelessly working on his game as he prepares for an even bigger challenge—the NBA.

Cook continued the pre-draft process this week with a workout with the Utah Jazz Sunday followed by a workout with the New York Knicks Monday.

Twitter Tweet

The former Blue Devil point guard then got a chance to show off his talents in front of scouts representing the Oklahoma City Thunder and Dallas Mavericks Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.

Twitter Tweet

After struggling with consistency during his first three years at Duke, Cook put all the pieces together on the court as a senior—starting with improved maturity and leadership—and helped propel the Blue Devils to their fifth national championship.

The point guard's play throughout his senior season put him back on many NBA teams' radar and scouts were especially impressed with Cook's decision-making and ability to thrive in transition. The floor general also shot 39.5 percent from beyond the arc and scored 15.3 points per game—both career-bests—showcasing the ability to convert tough finishes in the paint as well despite being just 6-foot-2.

Prior to this week of workouts, Cook had already taken the court in front of a handful of NBA squads.

Twitter Tweet

Although Cook's draft prospects remain uncertain, this past week in the NBA showed that grit and toughness—two of his defining characteristics—can sometimes be enough to make a difference at the next level. Undrafted free agents Matthew Dellavedova and Timofey Mozgov have been key role players for the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are tied at two games apiece with the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.

Stay tuned to the Blue Zone for updates leading up to the 2015 NBA draft June 25 in New York.

Share and discuss “Quinn Cook works out for four more teams as NBA draft nears” on social media.