David Robinson compares Jahlil Okafor to Tim Duncan after attending Duke-Notre Dame

Freshman Jahlil Okafor has drawn comparisons to dominant NBA post players this season. Mike Krzyzewski mentioned him alongside former Blue Devil Elton Brand in November, and others have talked about the Chicago product in the same breath as Hakeem Olajuwon and Tim Duncan.

After Saturday's 90-60 demolition of No. 10 Notre Dame, one of the people who knows Duncan best weighed in on the Preseason AP Player of the Year.

Former San Antonio Spurs legend David Robinson attended the Blue Devils' victory against the Fighting Irish. Robinson's son, Justin, will be a freshman walk-on on next year's Duke team, and another son, Corey, plays wide receiver for the Notre Dame football team.

The Admiral—who played alongside Duncan in San Antonio for six seasons—tweeted his impressions of Okafor, who turned in a 20-point, 10-rebound performance as part of the Duke rout.

Twitter Tweet

Robinson knows a thing or two about dominating in the post himself, averaging a double-double of 21.1 points and 10.6 rebounds per contest throughout the course of his 14-year professional career.

Okafor has yet to score fewer than 10 points in a game so far this season. The freshman has shown poise in handling double-teams and has showcased the type of footwork that made Duncan so effective as a center at Wake Forest in the mid-1990s.

Share and discuss “David Robinson compares Jahlil Okafor to Tim Duncan after attending Duke-Notre Dame” on social media.