Club Sports Young Trustee endorsement

The Duke Club Sports Executive Board endorses Anna Knight for the position of Young Trustee. From the executive board of the second largest student-based organization on campus, we highly recommend Anna Knight for this position based on her post-graduation accessibility and her extracurricular involvement that lacks representation on the Board of Trustees. Each of the candidates has the potential to bring unique ideas and experiences to the Board of Trustees, but we feel Anna will most strongly represent a large proportion of Duke students that currently have an insufficient voice on the board.

Anna recognizes the importance of fairness in financial aid and desires to ensure funding for research lab experience for students. Anna’s experiences in Pratt and her impressive tenure as President of the Duke Engineering Student Government will provide a voice for engineering students on the Board of Trustees that has been lacking—every previous Young Trustee has been a Trinity student. Anna will be at Duke for a six year PhD program, and her close proximity to campus will allow her to quickly respond to student issues and the needs of the student body.

In her last four years at Duke, Anna has actively participated on numerous dance teams, including RAAS and the Irish dance team, and understands the complications that come with scheduling gym time and organizing events. She hopes to provide easier access for the common student to reserve facilities for use, and the Duke Club Sports Executive Board feels strongly that she is capable of ensuring this happens.

The position of Young Trustee provides a medium for Duke students to voice their opinion in order to make positive and impactful changes to our university. The Duke Club Sports Executive Board believes that Anna Knight will have a significant influence on the Board of Trustees, and fully supports her in her efforts to create a great Duke experience for all.

Dominic LaBella

Trinity ‘16

President, Duke University Club Sports

Share and discuss “Club Sports Young Trustee endorsement” on social media.