Tyus Jones steals ACC Rookie of the Week honors from teammate Jahlil Okafor

After leading his team to victory near his hometown, Tyus Jones was named ACC Rookie of the Week Monday afternoon, ending teammate Jahlil Okafor's streak of three straight weeks earning the honor.

Jones scored 22 points and had six rebounds and four assists—all team highs—and engineered Duke's impressive 65.2 percent shooting effort at then-No. 2 Wisconsin last Wednesday. The Apple Valley, Minn., native made big plays at the ends of both halves to keep the Badgers at bay and keep Duke in front in front of a raucous crowd at the Kohl Center.

Jones was 7-of-11 from the field, including 2-of-3 from long range and 6-of-8 from the free throw line, and was fearless attacking the paint and opposing point guard Traevon Jackson. Although Jackson also scored 25 points and got by Jones a few times, Duke's floor general showed his maturity by not getting rattled when Wisconsin's senior leader made play after play to keep his team in the game.

The strong road performance followed Jones' first career double-double against Army Nov. 30 after three subpar performances against Temple, Stanford and Furman. Before those contests, Jones also took over against then-No. 19 Michigan State at the Champions Classic Nov. 18 and has elevated his play in the biggest moments so far this season.

With Jones and Okafor winning the first four ACC Rookie of the Week honors, it will be interesting to see whether or not heralded swingman Justise Winslow can get into the action in future weeks.

Duke's streak will end next week as the Blue Devils have the week off due to final exams and do not play again until Monday, Dec. 15 when they take on Elon at 7 p.m. at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Notre Dame's Jerian Grant and Virginia's Justin Anderson were named co-ACC Players of the Week after leading their squads to victories against ranked foes in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and playing well again during the weekend. A Blue Devil still has yet to be named the conference's Player of the Week.

Share and discuss “Tyus Jones steals ACC Rookie of the Week honors from teammate Jahlil Okafor” on social media.