Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving visits Duke basketball following Duke-UConn

Another high-profile neutral site game, another high profile visitor for the Blue Devils.

Former Duke star Kyrie Irving was on hand for No. 2 Duke's 66-56 victory against Connecticut at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J. Irving and the Cleveland Cavaliers host the Brooklyn Nets Friday night, but the former Blue Devil standout still found room in his schedule to take in the action courtside and visit the team in the locker room.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Irving's new Nike shoe is set to hit stores Dec. 23 and he has been busy with the shoe reveal and NBA schedule, but still appeared to be into Thursday's game, frequently standing to applaud in the second half.

The star point guard is not the only big-name Team USA star to visit head coach Mike Krzyzewski in his squad, as Pacers star Paul George visited the Blue Devils following the Champions Classic in Indianapolis Nov. 18. The obvious difference is Irving is actually active and had a game the next day, but the latter's Duke ties were enough incentive to entice him to one of the best regular-season atmospheres fans will see this season.

Irving was not the only former Blue Devil standout in attendance, though.

Suns players Miles Plumlee and Shavlik Randolph also took in Thursday's game. Phoenix does not play until Saturday in Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, so the duo will be able to stay in the New York area until its next contest.

Twitter Tweet

Thursday's contest marked Duke's last neutral site nonconference game, so if any other NBA stars want to visit the Blue Devils, they will have to either visit Cameron Indoor Stadium or any of Duke's road ACC games.

Stay with the Blue Zone for all your Duke basketball news, including recruiting and NBA updates.

Share and discuss “Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving visits Duke basketball following Duke-UConn” on social media.