Blue Devil Buzz, Week 1

With Countdown to Craziness come and gone, and football season nearing the home stretch, it can mean only one thing in Durham—Duke basketball season is upon us. And with the season-opener just five days away, The Chronicle brings you the first weekly edition of Blue Devil Buzz.

The Buzz is The Chronicle's premier sports podcast, giving Duke fans an in-depth look at the Blue Devils and their upcoming week.

This week, Nick Martin and Daniel Carp talk about Duke's play through the first two exhibition games, what the schedule looks like through the first three games—which includes a matchup against Michigan State—and how the freshmen have been able to acclimate to pressure that comes with being the top-ranked recruiting class in the nation. Daniel and Nick also sit down with Bob Harris, Voice of the Blue Devils, and discuss this class' spot in history and whether or not Duke will have have another retired jersey to hang in the rafters.

Find out what Nick thinks about Jahlil Okafor's preseason Player of the Year honors and whether or not Daniel believes the NCAA should—or will—bring down the hammer on North Carolina after recent academic failings were discovered about its 2005 championship team. All this and more in this week's edition of Blue Devil Buzz!

The Chronicle and Blue Devil Buzz will continue to bring you updates on the Duke men's basketball team throughout the season. Check back next week when the boys sit down with senior Sean Kelly, a walk-on and former manager for the Blue Devils and younger brother of ex-Duke star Ryan Kelly.

Podcast produced by Georgia Parke.

Share and discuss “Blue Devil Buzz, Week 1” on social media.