The Fairview Dining Room, a Four-Star Award winner

The Fairview Dining Room in the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club was named Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award 2014 winner at an awards ceremony at the ARIA Resort & Casio in Las Vegas yesterday. As a new Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award winner, the Fairview Dining Room brings home another milestone achievement for its seasonally inspired contemporary cuisine, exceptional service and extensive wine list. The honored restaurant consecutively wins the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the AAA Four Diamond Award year after year but the esteemed Forbes Travel Guide award celebrates the Fairview Dining Room as an outstanding establishment—and one of only two restaurants in the state to receive both the AAA Four Diamond and Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award—offering guests a truly exceptional level of luxury and service in the Triangle’s upscale dining scene.

"The Fairview Dining Room is patronized by a variety of clientele, from Duke students and faculty to alumni, Durham locals and visitors from around the world. We work exceptionally hard to provide an incomparable dining experience with the best local, regional and seasonal ingredients,” said Jason Cunningham, Fairview Dining Room executive chef. "To be rated and recognized by Forbes Travel Guide for our hard work, dedication and passion for presenting exceptional cuisine is a fabulous accomplishment for everyone emphasizing the Fairview Dining Room as a one-of-a-kind restaurant in Durham.”

Generic Script

About Forbes Travel Guide:

Forbes Travel Guide, formerly Mobil Travel Guide, is the originator of the prestigious Five Star Rating system, and has provided the travel industry’s most comprehensive ratings and reviews of hotels, restaurants and spas since 1958. Forbes Travel Guide has a team of expert inspectors who anonymously evaluate properties against up to 800 rigorous and objective standards, providing consumers the insight to make better-informed travel and leisure decisions. Forbes Travel Guide is the gold standard for luxury hospitality ratings worldwide. For more information about Forbes Travel Guide, visit www.forbestravelguide.com.

ForbesTravelGuide.com combines the objectivity and heritage of the Forbes Travel Guide Star Rating system with insightful recommendations from a hand-selected group of travel experts, tastemakers and Forbes Travel Guide inspectors. ForbesTravelGuide.com is the exclusive online destination for Forbes Travel Guide’s list of Star Rated hotels, restaurants and spas, and gives its registered members exclusive access to special offers and curated experiences from select Forbes Travel Guide partners.

This article was written by our sponsor and not by The Chronicle editorial staff.

Share and discuss “The Fairview Dining Room, a Four-Star Award winner” on social media.