Former Duke women's basketball player Jones to transfer to Baylor for final two years

Alexis Jones did not take long to make her decision.

The Irving, Texas native chose to attend Baylor one week after announcing her decision to transfer. Baylor announced Monday that Jones had signed a financial aid agreement to attend the Big 12 school.

The Bears went 32-5 and advanced to the Elite Eight in the NCAA tournament this past season. Jones cited her relationship with head coach Kim Mulkey along with the proximity to her family as two key reasons for the decision.

"I enjoyed my two years at Duke but I really just wanted to be closer to family," Jones said in the release. "They're really excited about it. They're going to be able to come to a lot more games than they were able to at Duke. I have always admired and respected Coach Mulkey, I really feel a connection with her and I feel she can help me take my game to the next level."

Jones will be forced to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA regulations. Her likelihood to play even if she was not forced to would still be low, as she is currently recovering from an ACL tear suffered in Feburary.

She averaged 11.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.9 steals in her two years at Duke. Following Chelsea Gray's initial injury her freshman year, Jones took over the point guard responsibilities and led the Blue Devils to an ACC tournament championship, winning MVP honors along the way.

Share and discuss “Former Duke women's basketball player Jones to transfer to Baylor for final two years” on social media.