Duke Med tries Broadway take on admissions recruiting

The Duke School of Medicine is using a new tool to appeal to prospective applicants this year: a musical.

DukeMed debuted a 16-minute montage of Broadway song parodies on YouTube last week.

Youtube Player

Nine songs are used in the video. Here are some highlights from the altered lyrics:
  • "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables — "Then I was young and unafraid, AMCAs were seen as an adventure, one application was displayed, no field unfilled no role unlisted."
  • "Anything You Can Do" from Annie Get Your Gun — "Anything you can score I can score higher, I can score MCATs higher than you."
  • "Getting to Know You" from The King and I — "Getting to know Duke, getting to try the great food scene."
  • "Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music — On cranial nerve sections: "One and two to smell and see, there four six to move your eyes, five and seven for all things face"
  • "I Feel Pretty" from West Side StoryI am passing, yes I'm passing, and it's crazy how carefree I feel. Pass/fail system, I can hardly believe it's real.
  • "Defying Gravity" from Wicked — "I think we'll try applying anatomy."
  • "Circle of Life" from The Lion King — "There are far too many diseases and reflexes have yet to be found."
  • "Seasons of Love" from Rent — "How do you measure, measure third year?"
  • "You're the One That I Want" from Grease — "I had a dream my life would be just the same as this life I'm living."

Share and discuss “Duke Med tries Broadway take on admissions recruiting” on social media.