U.S News and World Report releases graduate school rankings

U.S. News and World Report released its 2014 Best Graduate Schools Rankings Tuesday.

The School of Law tied for 10th, up one spot from last year; the School of Medicine remained tied for eighth for research and moved up four spots to 40th in primary care; the Fuqua School of Business was ranked 14th, down from 11th last year; and the Pratt School of Engineering was tied for 29th, down from 28th a year ago.

Of Ph.D. programs in the sciences, statistics tied for 10th, biological science tied for 11th, mathematics tied for 17th, computer science tied for 25th and physics tied for 29th. Within physics, nuclear physics tied for sixth. This is the first time in several years that the magazine has ranked science programs, according to a Duke News press release.

U.S News also ranked a number of specialty programs. Within medical specialty programs, Duke's geriatrics ranked third, internal medicine took fourth, AIDS tied for eighth and internal medicine tied for ninth.

In the business school rankings, Fuqua was fourth for executive MBA programs, seventh in marketing, 10th in international, 11th in management and 13th in finance.

Pratt was tied for fifth for biomedical engineering.

The School of Law was 10th in international law and tied for 11th in environmental law.

The magazine used data from surveys of more than 1,350 programs and more than 13,500 academics and professionals, conducted during the fall of 2013 and early 2014. The new science rankings are based on surveys only.

Share and discuss “U.S News and World Report releases graduate school rankings” on social media.