Justise Winslow commits to Duke

Justise Winslow is the next top recruit who has committed to Duke.

Winslow, a 6-foot-5 small forward and the No. 14 recruit in the Class of 2014 according to ESPN, announced his decision Thursday at his high school, St. John's in Houston. The last day of the early signing period was yesterday, Nov. 20, so in order to officially commit Winslow would have had to submit his letter yesterday. Otherwise, he could have verbally committed and then signed during the regular period beginning April 16.

He was also considering Arizona, Florida, Texas A&M and UCLA.

Winslow is another big get for the Duke coaching staff after Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones—the No. 1 and No. 4 recruits in the nation—committed to the Blue Devils last Friday. Okafor and Jones were a package deal, while Winslow had said at points he was interested in playing with the duo. The trio visited Duke together Oct. 26 and attended the Blue Devils' exhibition game against Bowie State.

Winslow, Okafor and Jones join guard Grayson Allen in the Blue Devils' class of 2014.

“We’re ecstatic about the four young men that are coming to Duke,” Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a press release. “Grayson Allen committed to us very early. We believe he’s an explosive wing. Terrific offensive and defensive player. We consider Jahlil Okafor as good a big man as there is in the country, but not just a big man, we think he’s a great basketball player. He’s had an amazing amount of experience playing for the United States and for a great high school program. In Tyus Jones, I think we have the best point guard in the country. Someone who has won state championships, USA championships and is the consummate leader on the court. Justise Winslow is a great wing player. He is a guy that can guard every position and is an amazing rebounder and scorer. The great thing about all four of the kids is that they want to share a spotlight and they want to be on a great team. They’re team first guys, even though they have this excellent amount of individual talent.”

After Okafor and Jones committed, Okafor and his father campaigned on Twitter for Winslow to come to Durham with #DukeNeedsJustise. Winslow and Okafor won a gold medal this summer together playing for the United States at the FIBA U19 World Championships in Prague. Winslow was the fourth-leading scorer on the team at 9.8 points per game and pulled down 6.0 boards per contest. Blue Devil guard Rasheed Sulaimon was also on that team and was AAU teammates with Winslow for Houston Hoops in high school.

Winslow's ESPN scouting report says he is "an elite level glue guy that can make teammates better and do a little of everything pretty well and competes on a high level on both ends."

Share and discuss “Justise Winslow commits to Duke” on social media.