Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones commit to Duke basketball

Jahlil Okafor Tyus Jones

a legend. He's coached for many years and he's arguably one of the greatest of all time. He's a great basketball mind and I feel like I'll be able to learn a tremendous amount under him."

Generic Script

scouting report
His ability to change ends of the floor has improved tremendously and it can even get better. After a Gold medal with USA Basketball he can make several trips and still have mobility in the process. Most nights he will get a double-double but what's impressive is how he keeps himself engaged even when his team doesn't give him the ball, that's a sign of maturity."

In April, Okafor spoke with The Chronicle about his recruitment and an in-home visit he had with Coach K.

"
They are selling Duke as a program besides basketball," he said. "You know the academics and how many great people are there outside of basketball. I might be rooming with like a billionaire that will make way more money than I ever will playing basketball. Things like that.

Generic Script

From the neck up there's no one better in the class of 2014 with the ability to think, play and perform than Jones. He understands how to win and what it takes to win," his ESPN scouting report states.

The duo joins guard Grayson Allen in Duke's class of 2014.

Jones was asked in April about potentially playing with current Duke point guard Quinn Cook

They have talked to me about it. Every college is going to have a point guard on the roster and any college is going to have players at your position. So, it’s something you look at, but like I said every college has that situation," Jones told The Chronicle. " Yeah, I would [be comfortable with playing with Cook]. He’d be a senior, a veteran, a guy that you can learn from."

More: Video and quotes from Tyus Jones over the summer.

Looney committed to UCLA Travis opted for Stanford

Watch the Cameron Crazies react to Jones and Okafor's commitments:

Youtube Player

Justise Winslow Stanley Johnson's

Today was not a complete loss for the Jayhawks, however. Top-five recruit Cliff Alexander announced his pledge to Bill Self right around the same time as Okafor and Jones made their commitments.

Share and discuss “Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones commit to Duke basketball” on social media.