Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones to announce Friday afternoon

Duke fans finally have a date on what could be the biggest recruiting day in program history.

Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones both tweeted that they will announce at 3 p.m. CST (4 p.m. EST) on Friday. Their tweets were in the exact same form, tweeting they would announce at their respective high schools.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Okafor, the No. 1 player in the class of 2014 according to ESPN, is a 6-foot-10 center and Jones, the No. 4 player, plays the point. The two are close friends and have said they will almost certainly play college ball together. The three schools they list in common are Duke, Kansas and Baylor, with the Blue Devils and Jayhawks thought to be favored ahead of the Bears.

That only adds more intrigue to Tuesday night's matchup between No. 4 Duke and No. 5 Kansas in Chicago at the United Center. Okafor, a Chicago native, will be in attendance. Okafor, if he chose Duke, would be the next top Blue Devil to hail from the area, a city that has already given the program Coach K, Chris Collins, Jabari Parker and Jon Scheyer, among others.

Okafor and Jones took their official visits to Duke in October for the team's exhibition game against Bowie State. They were joined on the trip by fellow 2014 recruit Justise Winslow, who has been rumored to be interested in playing with the duo in college. He has yet to officially announce a date, however.

Okafor would be a much-needed big man in this class for Duke after the program missed out on Kevon Looney and Reid Travis in the last two week. Looney chose UCLA while Travis committed to Stanford.

Share and discuss “Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones to announce Friday afternoon” on social media.