HALFTIME: Duke 33, Alabama 22

After a slow start, Duke ended the half leading Alabama 33-22. The Blue Devils only scored five points in the first nine minutes but maintained their solid defense on the Crimson Tide throughout the half, forcing Alabama to turn the ball over 11 times. Duke was paced by Jabari Parker with 13 points though he missed his first two shots of the game and spent some time on the pine. Hood spent much of the half on the bench after picking up two fouls.

Observations:

• Mike Krzyzewski's starting lineup was leadership focused, featuring usuals Quinn Cook, Hood and Parker alongside captains Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston in place of Rasheed Sulaimon and Amile Jefferson. Only eight minutes into the half, however, with Duke struggling, Sulaimon and Matt Jones had replaced the seniors on the court.
  • Once in the rotation, Jones made an immediate impact, sinking back-to-back 3-pointers and notching a rebound in between. Overall, the Blue Devils attempted 10 threes, making three of them.
  • The Crimson Tide are sized very similarly to Duke, with only one player above seven feet—center Carl Engstrom, who played only one minute. Alabama was in foul trouble for much of the half, committing 10 fouls with eight minutes remaining. Meanwhile, the Blue Devils were relatively clean, fouling only eight.

Share and discuss “HALFTIME: Duke 33, Alabama 22” on social media.