Duke offers Chase Jeter; Jahlil Okafor to watch Champions Classic against Kansas

After missing out on 2014 forward Reid Travis last week, the Duke staff wasted no time moving on, offering 2015 forward Chase Jeter.

Twitter Tweet

Jeter, who stands at 6-foot-8, is the No. 37 ranked player in the class of 2015, according to ESPN. A Las Vegas native, Jeter is high school teammates with 6-foot-11 center Stephen Zimmerman, the No. 2 player in the class.

On Friday, Duke missed out on a big man target when Travis committed to Stanford over Duke and Minnesota.

Devils Illustrated (subscription required) has a Q&A up with Jeter, as does Blue Devils Digest. Adam Rowe of Blue Devil Lair notes "he's a great fit in the offense," and Jeter watched the game against Davidson and had "some good things to say about Jabari [Parker]."

Meanwhile, one of Duke's top targets in the class of 2014 will get a first-hand look at two of the school favored to land his services Tuesday. Jahlil Okafor, the No. 1 player in the class of 2014 and a Chicago native, will be on hand for Tuesday's Champions Classic contest between No. 4 Duke and No. 5 Kansas. The game features a number of the top prospects in the class of 2013, including the nation's top two recruits: Andrew Wiggins on Kansas and Jabari Parker on Duke.

With Wiggins, Parker and other top prospects playing, Zagsblog reports about 80 NBA scouts may be in attendance.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Okafor and Tyus Jones, a point guard and the No. 4 player in the class, have said repeatedly they intend to attend college together with Duke and Kansas being the most likely destinations to make that happen. Both also list Baylor among their potential options.

Okafor, Jones and fellow top recruit Justise Winslow took their official visits to Duke in October for the team's exhibition game against Bowie State. Okafor and Jones have yet to reveal when they will commit, though it is expected to be soon.

Share and discuss “Duke offers Chase Jeter; Jahlil Okafor to watch Champions Classic against Kansas” on social media.