Duke in the NBA: Redick thriving as a starter in Los Angeles

JJ Redick, Los Angeles Clippers: The Clippers are the first team JJ Redick has played for that put him in the starting lineup, and they are seeing the benefits. Redick had another productive week shooting the ball, averaging 16.3 points per game and lighting up the Bulls for 19 points in just 25 minutes on 8-for-11 shooting in the Clippers' 121-82 victory.

Miles Plumlee, Phoenix Suns: Plumlee may not be maintaining his production from earlier this season, but still continues to be a solid contributor for the Suns. This past week he averaged 7.0 points and 7.8 rebounds, which is a step-down from his season average of 9.9 points and 8.5 rebounds, but is still solid production for Plumlee in his first year as a starter.

Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn Nets: The Nets may be struggling mightily, but Plumlee has been a pleasant surprise for them this season, as he is among the top eight rookies in both scoring and rebounds, and is shooting a stellar 65.9 percent from the field. He continued to make the most of his minutes this week, averaging 5.5 points and 3.3 rebounds. Most impressively, he only missed two shots in his past three games.

Gerald Henderson, Charlotte Bobcats: Henderson had a solid week, averaging 16.0 points, as the Bobcats won only one of four games this past week. His most impressive performance came in a loss to the Celtics in which he scored 20 points and grabbed five boards. Henderson is having another solid season, averaging 14.1 PPG, 4.8 rebounds, and 2.6 assists per game. The rebounds would be a career-high and the assists matches his career-best mark.

Josh McRoberts, Charlotte Bobcats: McRoberts picked up his performance from last week, in which he shot only 31.0 percent, and continues to be a solid a starter for the Bobcats. This week he averaged 7.8 points while shooting 48.1 percent from the field. His best outing came in Charlotte’s win over Milwaukee, as he scored 12 points to go along with his nine rebounds.

Elton Brand, Atlanta Hawks: Brand has frequently found himself on the Hawks' inactive list of late. This week he played in just one game, getting six minutes in the Hawks' blowout loss to the Rockets, grabbing three rebounds.

Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls: The Bulls struggled without Derrick Rose last week, but Rose’s absence means an increased role for Boozer and other Duke alums. Boozer had a solid week, averaging 15.5 PPG and had one monster game against the Jazz, scoring 26 points and bringing down 16 rebounds. Boozer is averaging 16.0 points and 9.1 points per game this season.

Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls: Deng had a stellar week for the Bulls, scoring more than 20 points in three of the four Bulls game, along with two double-doubles. Deng had six rebounds and five assists to go along with 27 points in Chicago’s win over Detroit. Overall he averaged 22.0 points and 8.0 rebounds for the week. His hot play will only increase his trade value if the Bulls decide to shop the All-Star forward.

Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Chicago Bulls: With guard Jimmy Butler still sitting out due to injury, Dunleavy received significant minutes this past week. Dunleavy got off to a strong start this past week, scoring 11 and 14 points respectively through his first two games, but scored just three and two points in his final two games, shooting a combined 1-for-12 in the two games.

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers: The Cavaliers had a rough week, losing all three games, and Kyrie certainly had a subpar week by his standards. Irving shot just 37.9 percent from the field and an abysmal 8.3 percent from beyond the arc. He also had just nine assists the entire week and nine turnovers to go along with them.

Ryan Kelly, Los Angeles Lakers: Ryan Kelly is back with the Lakers after a temporary demotion to the D-League, but did not play in any of the Lakers games this past week. If he isn’t getting playing time, being sent back to the D-League might be the best option for Ryan Kelly.

Shane Battier, Miami Heat: Shane Battier continues to be a key role player this season, and played solid minutes in the Heat’s victories over Phoenix and Orlando. Battier sat out Miami’s game against the Cavaliers due to what Battier called flu-like symptoms.

Kyle Singler, Detroit Pistons: Singler played a season-high 41 minutes in last Friday’s loss to the Hawks and scored a career-high 22 points on 9-of-13 shooting. Singler had an average week after that, contributing solidly off the bench for the Pistons. He played only two minutes Monday against the Bucks, leaving the game after having an allergic reaction to his contact lenses.

Austin Rivers, New Orleans Pelicans: Rivers matched a season-high 15 minutes and scored 10 points on 3-of-5 shooting as the Pelicans lost to the Spurs 112-93 on Monday. Rivers, however, did not play in New Orleans’ 102-101 loss to Golden State on Tuesday. He remains in a time share with point guard Brian Roberts.

Elliot Williams, Philadelphia 76ers: After making his season debut last week, Williams played in two of the three 76ers games last week. He got decent minutes in those two games, averaging 5.5 points and 2.5 rebounds.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Redick thriving as a starter in Los Angeles” on social media.