Duke basketball to attend Bulls-Cavaliers game Monday night, 4 alumni in action

The No. 4 Duke basketball team flies out to Chicago today in anticipation of Tuesday night's action in the Champions Classic against No. 5 Kansas.

Getting there today means the Blue Devils will be able to go to tonight's Chicago Bulls-Cleveland Cavaliers Game at the United Center, the same venue where they will be playing the Jayhawks.

There are currently three former Duke players on the Bulls and one on the Cavaliers. Cleveland is 3-4 to start the year while Chicago is 2-3.

Here's a quick rundown on how they're doing this season:

• Carlos Boozer, Bulls, PF: 18.2 points per game, 8.6 rebounds per game, 59.7% field goals
  • Luol Deng, Bulls, SF: 15.4 points per game, 5.8 rebounds per game, 4.8 assists per game, 2.0 steals per game
  • Mike Dunleavy, Bulls, SF: 6.4 points per game, 2.8 rebounds per game, 1.0 3-pointers per game
  • Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers, PG: 19.9 points per game, 8.0 assists per game, 5.0 rebounds per game
Irving was teammates with current seniors Josh Hairston and Tyler Thornton and graduate student Andre Dawkins on the 2010-11 team before he went pro and was selected No. 1 overall by the Cavaliers in the 2011 NBA Draft.

Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski, special assistant Jon Scheyer and freshman Jabari Parker are all natives of the Chicago area.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball to attend Bulls-Cavaliers game Monday night, 4 alumni in action” on social media.