Duke National Signing Day 2013: Quarterbacks

Duke adds two quarterbacks in its 2013 recruiting class: Parker Boehme and Quay Chambers. Although Chambers may not play quarterback in college, here is a profile of the two:

Parker Boehme
Quarterback
Jacksonville, Fla.
6’2”, 215 lbs.

Boehme is one of the headline names in this class as the traditional quarterback of the group. He should fit in Cutcliffe’s pass-happy offense terrifically. The Jacksonville, Fla. native threw for 3,202 yards and 40 touchdowns as a junior, demonstrating the ability to make good decisions in the pocket and throw with above-average accuracy. Unfortunately, his senior campaign was cut short due to a toe injury. His powerful build allows him to be a threat on the run too. —Brady Buck

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: Get all your Duke recruiting info including profiles of every player in the 2013 class and features

Quay Chambers
Athlete
Monroe, N.C.
6’4”, 200 lbs.

Chambers might be the most versatile player in Duke’s 2013 recruiting class. In his senior campaign he tallied 1,773 yards, 22 touchdowns and seven interceptions in the air, while accumulating 1,221 rushing yards on 147 attempts and 16 scores on the ground. The first commit of Duke’s 2013 recruiting class, Chambers’ ideal frame and size make him a challenge to bring down in one-on-one situations. It remains to be seen how exactly Cutcliffe and his staff will utilize him in Durham, but the North Carolina native’s multifaceted skill set should make him an asset in the future. Chambers picked Duke over offers from N.C. State, East Carolina and South Carolina. —Brady Buck

Share and discuss “Duke National Signing Day 2013: Quarterbacks” on social media.