Your pocket guide for Duke-Western Michigan

Duke and Western Michigan will try to shake off a week of Christmas dinners tonight at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tipoff is at 7 p.m., and the game will be televised on ESPN2.

For live Twitter updates throughout the game, follow @dukebasketball.

Projected Starters

Western Michigan (5-7): G Austin Richie, G Mike Douglas, G Demetrius Ward, F Nate Hutcheson, C Matt Stainbrook.

No. 7 Duke (10-1): G Tyler Thornton, G Austin Rivers, G Seth Curry, F Ryan Kelly, F Mason Plumlee.

1. Can the Broncos pressure the ball on the perimeter?

Western Michigan ranks 331st nationally in defensive turnover percentage, forcing a takeaway on just 16.6 percent of its defensive possessions. The Broncos rank in the bottom six in Division I in steal percentage. With the exception of the Blue Devils' last game, when they had 18 turnovers against UNC Greensboro, the backcourt has been effective in limiting turnovers after a shaky start to the season.

2. Mason Plumlee vs. Matt Stainbrook

At 6-foot-9 and 290 pounds, the reigning MAC West player of the week will be a big test for Plumlee. Stainbrook averages 12.4 points and 6.6 rebounds, and made went 8-for-11 from the floor in the Broncos' victory over Oakland last week. The center also leads a surprisingly effective offensive rebounding unit, ranking 61st in offensive rebounding percentage compared to the Blue Devils' 224th.

3. Can Duke defend without fouling?

Western Michigan doesn't shoot especially well from beyond the arc, making just 31.4 percent of its attempts this season, but it gets to the charity stripe with regularity. Exactly one quarter of their points come from the free throw line, a number that the Blue Devils, especially defensive stopper Tyler Thornton, must lower in order to find success.

Share and discuss “Your pocket guide for Duke-Western Michigan” on social media.