Food point frenzy

Bella Union, the Lobby Shop and the East Campus Store all proudly sport the infamous source of student addiction—bin candy. You can mix and match between gummies, yogurt pretzels and many more sugary sweets! The prices are by weight, so eat as much as you—and your food points—dare.

The Coffeehouse offers a unique atmosphere (including giant, multiple-person beanbag chairs) and crazy milkshake combinations.

“You can combine pretty much any flavour you can think of—when we are stocked up—and make something pretty fun,” sophomore employee John Scott-Jones wrote in an email. “[My] personal favourite is the blood orange and vanilla ice cream milkshake, but I hear chocolate and pumpkin spice is good and I can always down something chocolatey mixed with nutella and something surprising.”

He added that they also have cool snacks and t-shirts for the truly daring.

"Deep v-necks are all the rage, man,” he said.

For the health conscious, you can charge your fresh-cut exotic fruits, energy bars and even nutritional supplements to your food points at Alpine Atrium in the Bryan Center. The food stop also offers delicious smoothies that you can customize with fiber, energy or other supplements.

The Great Hall features “The Great Hall Farm Stand,” where you can buy fresh produce by the pound. All of the produce comes from family farmers in North Carolina and varies by season. Along with fruits and vegetables, they are currently selling jarred local molasses, which is great for baking.

Food points are booze points if you’re 21 and over, according to the Duke Dining Services website. Twinnie’s is known for its brews, the Armadillo Grill serves everything from beer to mixed drinks, Plate and Pitchfork is great for wine connoisseurs and the Food Factory at Devil’s Bistro offers both bottled options and beer straight from the tap.

And finally, for those who magically have leftover food points at the end of the semester (kudos to you), you can buy groceries from the Lobby Shop in the Bryan Center and donate them to a food drive. There are usually boxes set up near the entrance of the store, so you don’t have to travel far!

Share and discuss “Food point frenzy” on social media.