Krzyzewski Praises Team's Focus on Eve of Matchup

Generic Script

During his annual address to the students on the eve of the Duke-North Carolina game, head coach Mike Krzyzewski took time to focus upon tasks at hand, namely, extending the Blue Devils' lead atop the ACC standings.

"Our goal tomorrow night is to take another step forward towards winning an ACC Championship," Krzyzewski said in front of a large crowd in Cameron Indoor Stadium.

The coach welcomed his players onto the court, and played a video on the scoreboard of the top five Duke-UNC games in Cameron, an older version of which can be viewed here.

Krzyzewski urged the fans to keep their eyes on an ACC title, as each Duke National Championship squad entered the NCAA Tournament as ACC Champions.

"We've had great practices the last two days, and I think we're really hungry to play," Krzyzewski said. "The most important thing is to have this game lead to [an ACC] Championship."

Krzyzewski did deliver some analysis of this year's Tar Heel squad, calling forward John Henson "the most unique player in the country," noting Henson's unmatched athleticism and ability to rebound and block shots. With North Carolina on a bit of a roll recently after struggling to start the year, Krzyzewski realizes just how important Wednesday night's game is, and the impact a Blue Devil victory could have in the long run.

"I think tomorrow's game is as big a Duke-UNC game as we've had in a long time, because we have so much to gain."

Share and discuss “Krzyzewski Praises Team's Focus on Eve of Matchup” on social media.