Lance Thomas Lands Workout With New Jersey Nets (UPDATE)

Generic Script

Lost amid the pre-draft chatter surrounding Jon Scheyer and Brian Zoubek is one of the co-captains from this year's championship team—Lance Thomas. Thomas is not likely to be drafted, but he did recently work out with his hometown New Jersey Nets. Thomas feels he made an impact in the first day of pre-draft workouts.

“I think I showed them I can really defend the ball, that I was relentless. My voice is something that's always heard in the gym, whether we're doing certain drills or whatever, I'm just a very vocal guy. So I just try to do things that most players don't like to do—intangible things—and that's defined my game to this point.”

While it is almost certain that the forward's path to the NBA would begin with either the NBDL or play in Europe, count CBS broadcaster Jay Bilas among those that feels he could make it in the League.

"Lance could stick in the NBA because he can guard.... Lance has a specific skill—he can guard multiple positions and go in for a period and be a defensive stopper. He can also move the ball, the ball doesn't die in his hands when he touches it, so as an offensive  player he can move the ball to the right spot."

Will the King of New Jersey take his rightful throne with the Nets? Time will tell if Thursday's workout yields any draft buzz.

UPDATE: Apparently Thomas is taking the workout process pretty seriously. He tweeted this earlier today:

Pushed myself so hard in my workout this morning that I passed out in this hott gym. Woke up in the car!#ILoveThisGame

Chalk me up as impressed—I consider a walk up a flight of stairs as enough physical activity for one day.

Share and discuss “Lance Thomas Lands Workout With New Jersey Nets (UPDATE)” on social media.