Carrick Felix Will Not Be A Blue Devil

Big news was made of the fact that head coach Mike Krzyzewski had recruited and signed his first junior college transfer, Carrick Felix from the College of Southern Idaho, back in March. It looks today, though, like Felix will never play for Duke.

Felix asked to be released from his national letter of intent today, CSI head coach Steve Gosar told The Chronicle. Associate sports information director Matt Plitzga echoed the fact to the News & Observer an hour ago.

Gosar said that he had talked to Felix today, adding that many schools had already been in contact with Felix for recruiting purposes.

It is unclear as of now why Felix will not be back. However, with Duke's deep rotation next year, a lack of playing time during his junior year may have been one of the issues.

It is difficult to say what Duke will lose from not having Felix. (Dunks such as this, perhaps?) Singler and Smith's returns to Durham all but ensured that the wing would see limited action next year, but he is a player described by Rivals.com as possessing "NBA athleticism" and tremendous upside. Gosar himself told The Chronicle said that the former team captain was a really long and athletic wing who was also a "good student and a great person."

Check back later for more on this developing story.

Share and discuss “Carrick Felix Will Not Be A Blue Devil” on social media.