Wait Nearing its End for Singler Decision

Kyle Singler met with the Duke coaching staff yesterday to get info on his NBA draft prospects, assistant SID Matt Plizga told the (Raleigh) News & Observer.

Singler is widely considered a mid-to-late first-round pick if he decides to go out. NBADraft.net has him going to the Chicago Bulls with the 17th pick, while Hoopshype.com puts him at No. 30, to the Washington Wizards. If he does go in the first round, as is expected, then he will receive a guaranteed contract.

Today, we receive news that his father, Ed, conducted an interview with the South Oregon Mail Tribune.

"There's truly an argument for making a decision either way, and it's a good argument," Singler's father said. "That's what Kyle's trying to understand because when you look at the NBA, it becomes more of a business decision. Is it a good decision this year or a better decision to wait until next year because he could possibly better his value? That's kind of the challenge he's trying to figure out."

He also called the meeting with head coach Mike Krzyzewski a "great conversation" and a "frank and honest discussion, which was very much appreciated."

Singler has until April 25 to make his decision and until May 8 to remove himself from the draft, but he has said that he will either declare or not, and not "test the waters."

For more coverage of Singler's decision, check out takes on the matter from columnists Joe Drews and Alex Fanaroff.

Share and discuss “Wait Nearing its End for Singler Decision” on social media.