Scheyer Earns Second-Team All-America

A day after helping send his team to the Final Four for the first time in his Duke career, senior Jon Scheyer was named to the All-America second team. Scheyer, a co-captain, leads the Blue Devils with 18.1 points and 4.8 assists per game. He also is tops on the team in minutes played and steals.

Generic Script

The senior was a first-team All-ACC honoree, a member of the ACC All-Tournament team and earned a spot on the All-Regional team this past weekend in Houston by averaging 19 points, five rebounds and four assists against Purdue and Baylor.

Scheyer is joined on the second team by ACC Player of the Year Greivis Vasquez of Maryland, James Anderson of Oklahoma State, Sherron Collins of Kansas and Da'Sean Butler of West Virginia. Butler and the Mountaineers will square off against the Blue Devils in Saturday's Final Four matchup.

The first team was highlighted by Kentucky's stud freshman duo of John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins. Villanova's Scottie Reynolds, Syracuse's Wes Johnson and Ohio State's Evan Turner rounded out the top five. The third team consists of Notre Dame's Luke Harangody, Georgetown's Greg Monroe, Texas' Damion James, New Mexico's Darington Hobson and Kansas' Cole Aldrich. However, no first- or third-team selection is still playing in the NCAA Tournament.

Share and discuss “Scheyer Earns Second-Team All-America” on social media.