Jasmine Thomas named third-team All-America

Duke's season may have ended prematurely, but Jasmine Thomas' breakout junior campaign didn't go unnoticed. The junior guard earned AP All-American honors today, being named to the third team.

Thomas was consistently the focal point for opposing defenses this season and responded with her best year as a Blue Devil, emerging from the shadow of graduated seniors Chante Black and Abby Waner. The junior led the team with 16.0 points and 4.3 assists per game and recorded the third triple-double in program history in November in the Caribbean Challenge.

She was named to the All-ACC first team and earned the Kay Yow Award as the top student-athlete in the conference. In the ACC Tournament, Thomas led the Blue Devils to their first tournament championship since 2004 and was named Most Valuable Player. The junior followed up that effort with a solid NCAA Tournament, earning all-Regional honors.

Thomas was selected to the All-America third team along with Oklahoma's Danielle Robinson, Kentucky's Victoria Dunlap, Xavier's Amber Harris and former Connecticut recruit but current Delaware star Elena Delle Donne.

The first team was littered with Huskies as forward Maya Moore and center Tina Charles were both unanimous selections for Connecticut. They were joined by ACC Player of the Year Monica Wright of Virginia, Jantel Lavender of Ohio State and Kelsey Griffin of Nebraska. The Blue Devils defeated both the Cavaliers and the Buckeyes this season at Cameron Indoor Stadium, but fell to the Huskies at home, 81-48, tying a season-low for points that was matched in the team's Elite Eight loss to Baylor Monday.

Share and discuss “Jasmine Thomas named third-team All-America” on social media.