Duke To Hire ASU Recruiting Coordinator Matt Lubick

Generic Script

The Arizona Central is reporting that Arizona State recruiting coordinator Matt Lubick has finalized a multiyear deal to join the Duke Football program. Lubick will have an expanded role in the Blue Devils' coaching staff, serving not only as the recruiting coordinator but also as the passing game coordinator and receivers coach.

"It was a really, really difficult decision," Lubick told the Arizona Central by telephone Wednesday evening. "I am forever grateful for the class and dignity that ASU has treated me with, and there's no doubt in my mind ASU will be successful in the future."

As the Sun Devils' recruiting coordinator, Lubick brought in Vontaze Burfict, the program's highest-ranked recruit of all time according to Arizona State's athletic site. Burfict was the top ranked middle linebacker in the Class of 2009 and finished second in tackles on the team as a freshman. Lubick also managed to help to assemble the Sun Devils' 26-player Class of 2010 recruiting class that was ranked No. 27 nationally according to Scout.com.

Lubik fills a crucial void in the Blue Devils' coaching staff given the recent departure of Scottie Montgomery, who left the Duke program to become the wide receivers coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The 31-year old, before coaching the wide receiver's of Cutcliffe's team, had strong ties to Duke from his playing days. Montgomery was a wide receiver for the Blue Devils from 1996-1999, led the team in receiving in three consecutive seasons and twice won Duke's Most Valuable Player award, the Carmen Falcone Award.

Share and discuss “Duke To Hire ASU Recruiting Coordinator Matt Lubick” on social media.