Your Pocket Guide to Duke-Connecticut

The No. 6 Blue Devils (15-2) enter their toughest matchup of the season fresh off a road win against then-No. 25 Miami and aim to be the first team since April 6, 2008 to knock off the top-ranked Huskies (17-0). Here are three things to know before Duke takes the court tonight:

1. UConn is really, really good. The No. 1 team in the country is riding a 56-game winning streak, all of those victories coming by double digits. With the two best players in the country--Maya Moore on the perimeter and Tina Charles in the post--the Huskies haven't even been challenged this season, winning their games by an average margin of 39.7 points. Duke head coach Joanne P. McCallie calls Connecticut "the most unbeatable team ever."

2. The Blue Devils are no slouch at Cameron. Duke has an impressive streak of its own to defend, a 23-game home winning streak dating back to 2008. The Blue Devils have knocked off six ranked opponents, including three top-10 teams, during that stretch, most recently defeating then-No. 3 Ohio State Dec. 3. Most of the games haven't been that close as Duke has a home winning margin of 25.2 points per game this season.

3. Duke might be the best defensive team UConn has seen this year. The Blue Devils have developed an identity as a physical, defense-minded bunch during McCallie's tenure and they boast the top field-goal defense of any of Connecticut's opponents. Look for Duke to continue to press the ever-poised Huskies early and often.

Share and discuss “Your Pocket Guide to Duke-Connecticut” on social media.